Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Life would be easier if only...

Life would be easier if only there was a garbage shoot directly to the outside dumpster. Have you ever noticed how fast your garbage can build up? I swear I empty the trash at least once a day, and after the aggravation of the smell, the over flowing contents, and my nonexistent muscles, I have finally realized I need a direct garbage shoot. I lug garbage bag after garbage bag down four flights of stairs, throw myself against the large outside door at least three times before it decides to open, and then finally slip slide my way across the ice skating rink path to the garbage bins. After heaving the three to four garbage bags with immense force into the bins my work is done and I somberly slip slide my way back to the four flights of stairs that I have left to climb before I can sink back into my couch.

1 comment:

Angie Belcourt said...

I have to laugh at this because I can relate. I used to live on the
3rd floor of an apartment and having 3 kids, we created a lot of garbage! I hated taking out the trash. The dumpster was a LONG ways from our apartment and it was a pain to carry multiple bags that far! Call me lazy, but it was such an inconvienence.

The nice thing now is that 2 of my kids are a little older (13 and 10), and they can take out the trash for me! Although now they have it easy much easier since we moved into a house and it is much less work to haul the garbage out.

I love your idea! That would be awesome if someone could invent a garbage shoot to accomodate the tenants of an apartment building!