Friday, February 8, 2008

I'll never forget the time I....

I'll never forget thet time I went to Las Vegas. My roomate and I in Oregon decided that we would drive to Vegas for a couple Dave Matthews Band concerts that were playing that weekend. Not knowing what was in store for me, and being the biggest DMB fan ever, i was super excited to finally get there and start the Vegas trip. We get into town thursday afternoon and check into our hotel and start touring the place and any place that we see in sight. Thursday night went fun, woke up friday and started to get ready for the first concert. That concert was absolutely amazing and got me completely excited for the next nights concert which would of been ten times better. Well saturday rolls around and everything is going fine until about 1:00 when i start to get this horrid stomach ache and then dizziness. I had no idea what was going on and figured i was a little hungover from the night before and thought i would just kind of drink though it. Well by 5:00 and a couple drinks already down it was not getting any better and actually getting worse. Thinking that i have a concert in about 3 hours i didn't know what to do and was freaking out that i would have to miss my favorite band that i drove 16 hours to see. Well i was on the verge of throwing up when i walked into the place and sat down in my chair for the opening band. I made it through one song and was so close to throwing up on the person in front of me that i decided to leave and go back to my hotel room. Since i have seen about 16 DMB shows before i figured i could miss one.
Anyways, the deal with DMB is seeing them live. And a lot of people keep track of what songs they have seen live and how many times and which songs they really really want to see and just never have. Well the song that i have always wanted to see and after 17 shows still haven't seen is Halloween. I remember telling myself in the hotel room that night while i was lying in bed almost dying that they were not gonna play it and i would not miss out. Well after falling asleep at about 9, i wake up to my roomate coming in the room at 3 in the morning and saying "Dude, you missed a hell of a show and guess what??" He didn't even need to say it, i already knew. I said "They played Halloween didn't they?" He nodded his head and all i could say was a bunch of explicitives. I don't know why that song is haunting me and why i can't see it live but to this date after seeing a total of 22 shows around the country, i still have not seen it. The next morning we figured out that i had got food poisoning from one of the buffets there and i missed the show because of that. Hopefully sometime soon i will get my halloween!

No comments: