Monday, February 4, 2008

I get so angry when...

I usually don't get angry about little things or for that matter, even big things. But a couple weeks ago i was watching a democratic debate between Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards and got perturbed. I wouldn't say i'm a political nut or care that much about how the government runs things. I pretty much think they all lie anyways, so it never pays to listen to them(in my opinion). Which gets me to the point i was trying to make. I just happened to flip by the beginning of the debate and started to watch with an open mind. The first couple minutes were fine with each candidate talking about the economy and what has to happen to change the way it is now. All of a sudden it turned from a debate of three people to a verbal fight between two, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. At first i thought it was very humorous and started laughing because they were making themselves look non-professional. Then as the debaters kept going at eachother for another 10 minutes without even letting the third debater speak i got to thinking.
I don't know about anyone else that watched that, but i got angry when all they were doing was attacking eachother with their past's. The main reason why they put the debates on tv is so viewers and the voter's of this country can understand what the candidates stand for and for what they believe in. In order for me to vote for someone i would like to hear what they think of abortion, capital punishment, or the war. Not listening to them rant about how their pasts will affect them while they are in office or all the things they have done wrong. That only makes me think that they don't even care about the country and only care about the negatives about everything and that is definitely not what i look for in a candidate.
I am a strong believer in having a government that actually gets something done even if they don't like eachother. I know everyone can't get along and that is fine if we have people that get something done even if they hate eachother than everyone getting along and nothing get done to help this struggling country. This country has to do a lot of things to help the economy, save lives, and run productively but worrying about what someone hasn't done is not going to get it anywhere!

No comments: