Monday, March 3, 2008

My Many Roles

Some of the roles I play in my life are fiance, student, and employee. The most challenging role right now is being an employee at two jobs. I have a full-time job in outside sales which requires me to drive up to 8-9 hours per day to my established accounts sometimes hundreds of miles away. My employer is always expecting me to know what is going on with all of my accounts and it is very difficult to do that having the size territory that I have. Now that I am taking classes here at MSCTC, it has become extremely hard to stay awake sometimes behind the wheel of my company vehicle after staying up late doing homework and studying. Although I will be done at this job the end of May(so that I can take some summer classes), I still am trying to do my best to service all my accounts until then. My part-time job relates more to the career field that I am going to school for (nursing), but it has more physical challenges. I am a CNA at a nursing home here in Fargo every other Saturday and Sunday, and my shift starts at 6am. So with working so much, it is hard to have a life much less do my schoolwork. I am so thankful that my fiance is so very supportive. He has done so many things to help me out with my busy schedule. Just doing a load of laundry for me is a godsend sometimes but his encouragement means even more. I haven't had much time to plan our wedding but hopefully in a few months when my schedule is more accomodating I can settle down and get that organized. My role as a student currently is the most demanding of my time, but I try to keep reminding myself of the bigger picture and that pretty much keeps me going to fulfill my desire of a college degree.

No comments: