Friday, February 15, 2008

New Years Resolution

My New Year's resolution for 2008 is working out atleast 5 times a week and only allowing myself to 2 cans of pop a week. I decided to do this because in high school I had a gym/weight training class every quarter so I was working out every day (well not including the weekends) and now that I am no longer in high school I feel I need to get in the best shape that I can be. I am a huge fan of Coke! Last year I drank pop way too much and I know it is not good for your body, so I cut back a lot. I figured 2 cans a week is enough even though it can be hard since my body is pretty much immune to it. In between working and going to school, I found myself with little time for working out. I decided to get a membership at Anytime Fitness because it is very convenient! I only live a few blocks away and it's open 24 hours a day! I push myself to go 5 days a week so I am able to get some exercise rather than putting it off and not being active. I also drink a ton more water than I used to. I work during the day quite a bit throughout the week so instead of bringing pop to work, I fill my gigantic water bottle and refill it about 8 times throughout the day until I am done with work. It is the second month now since starting this and I have already lost a little over 10 pounds. I feel so much healthier! After all of the struggling I now know it is totally worth it! :)

No comments: