Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Electronic Mail

The role of Email in my life is very restricted to school. About 10 years ago when I set up my first e-mail account, I thought that it was the coolest thing in the world. Like many things, it lost its awe factor with me very fast. With junk mail rolling in, and not many contacts, I felt bored in the email world. Today I still keep in touch with my family, only it is through snail mail. The people that I believe would write to me on email, I do not believe know how to turn on a computer. I forget that checking my email, is something that I should be doing everyday, like I check my mailbox at home I hate it when I check my email too late, and I have missed some important messages. I feel like writing an email takes so long for me to write. I do not like when my message is read a different way than I meant it. So to avoid any misconceptions, I read and reread to make sure that my message was clear. I would rather talk in person or on the phone, so that way you can usually say more things, and it takes less time than writing, sending, and waiting for the response. I do not use any instant messaging either, but I suppose that it would be a faster form of communication. Yet I still think that it yields a higher chance of miscommunication.

No comments: