Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The everyday e-mail

Email can play a very important role in many people’s lives nowadays. Even I have been affected by this every day. I think emails are way more efficient than regular mail. It is quicker and easier to check. Not only is this but it free. The only drawback I find is that it may get lost in translation. Not often does this happen, but it is a possibility. I am a draftsman and I get emails all the time from the company telling of safety meetings and such. Or if I need to converse with a manufacturer on specifications I need for a drawing, I can get drawings sent to me quickly. If I were to send a sales sketch to a salesman to better his job, I would just send the drawing because he knows who it’s from and what it is. If I were to send construction drawings to a fire marshal for approving, I would probably include a little more detail in explaining what it is. I also do mechanical drawings so I have to join together with the shop person and explain to him/her what I need and when I need it. E-mailing is a big part of my job and it makes things way easier. Although we do use regular mail also, a majority is done electronically.

No comments: