Monday, February 11, 2008

Bronchitis!!

As i sit here, nose running, and my chest feeling like i'm breathing in fire or worse yet a bed of nails that are on fire, i can't help but think of how sickness can pull you away from many things. I had this whole weekend planned out better than any other weekend, mainly because i had a paper to revise and rewrite, and 2 HUGE tests on Monday that i was gonna study for both Saturday and Sunday. But sickness is well, sickness. You can try and do the things you've planned to do, whether it was watch the third Jurrasic Park movie or study for a test. But when it comes down to it, all you can really do is just try and get better by getting some rest and not overthinking. Well that was my plan on sunday. Wake up, go to the doctor for some meds and cuddle in a sea of blankets catching up on the latest episodes of Mythbusters that i recently taped.
Waking up I actually felt a little better than I had all day saturday and figured i would go directly to the doctor. Not having any problems with being able to start my car, I figured that was the least of my worries. I walk out into the bitter cold and turn the key waiting for the car to start humming but nothing. As I try one more time I knew this was the beggining of cold 15 minutes. Sure enough it was -45 wind chill and my battery was dead. Luckily my neighbor saw me through the window and came out to help jump my car for the next 15 minutes, which seemed to have made my sickness that much worse. I finally get to the doctor and when I walk inside it was so packed, people were standing against the walls waiting for the nurse to yell out there name! So for the next 2 hours, i sat in a small room infested with as many germs as you possible can get in there and waited for the doctor to see me for 2 minutes. To me, that doesn't make any sense but I will spare you my misery on that subject.
After getting my meds and positioning myself on the couch i couldn't help but realize that all of that had made me sicker. Somehow. And now my head was just pounding trying to look at a book that i was supposed to use for studying. Enough said, i never got any studying done for either of my tests and my essay is being put off until tonight when i hopefully will feel better. On a brighter note, i did take one of my tests already and got a 95% on it so i am ecstatic about that!
I guess what i'm really trying to get at in all of this mumble jumble is sickness comes and when it comes, it is here unnanounced. I have learned a couple lessons through all of this. One could be to plan ahead and maybe start studying a week before the test instead of a couple days before the test cause you'll never know what can happen. The others well maybe i haven't learned them yet or maybe my head hurts to much right now to think about them. In the words of Thomas Fuller, "Health is not valued til sickness comes."

No comments: