Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sunmart vs Cashwise

When shopping at the supermarket, I am always buying the same items. Chips, salsa, salad, the list goes on and on. When shopping at Cashwise for the first time last week I felt very disoriented when I entered the store. It was hard, and confusing to navigate myself through the store. Many of their prices such as their salsa chips were much more than Sunmart, so instead of buying two bags of chips for $4.00 I bought one for $3.95. The next item on list was salad, usually I buy two bags, one iceberg and the other spinach. As I approached the salad section I noticed that there were a few red signs here and there, marking down various salads that were about to pass their due date. I looked for my standard iceberg salad, and could not find it. When I asked a salesperson for help they said they were all out for the day, but they should get some in tomorrow. "Great" I thought, "that doesn't help me today though!" So already discouraged about my shopping adventure I moved on to the next item on my list, banannas. Cashwise seemed to have a ripe stock of banannas, although they were two times the price of Sunmarts. Instead of being $1.49/pound they were $2.59/pound. I threw my hands up in the air and vowed never to go back to Cashwise, walked somberly to my car and drove to Sunmart. I found everything I needed, at reasonable prices, and announced to my family that if anyone shopped at Cashwise, they were on my list.

No comments: