Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Years Resoltion

In 2005 I made the New Year's resolution to be more thoughtful. I know this sounds very vague but it really came about because of my ex-girlfriend. She was all ways saying how I never thought things through. I decieded to make a concious effort to think about my actions. I know it might sound strange to think about thinking more. However, I really feel that it changed my life.
The first example of how it changed my life is with my relationship with her. As I have pointed out we are no longer dating but we are still very close friends. Something that I do not think would have been possible unless I would have made a change. Another good example is my decision to go to school again this semester. For a while I was seriously considering not going back this semester but after much thought I decided that going to school is something that I need to do if I want to better my life. However, the best example of how this resolution changed my life is with the people I surround myself with. Before I never really considered what could happen to me by just hanging out with the wrong type of people. Now I am much more selective with who I hang out with instead of surrounding myself with people that will get me into trouble.

No comments: