Monday, February 18, 2008

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Comparing items can definitely save you money. When renting movies, there are two basic options. You can order online, or you can order from a store. I like renting from a physical store because you can just drive over and see what they have. I find it easier to find when I can see a shelf full of movies as opposed to lists of movie names. I also like at the movie store the deal of five movies for five nights for five dollars. Online if you were to rent a movie from say iTunes, it would cost $3.99 and once you have watched it once, you only have 24 hours to watch it as many times as you want before the movie expires. I really like the idea of how easy it is to get on internet and order a movie and have it in only a few minutes, but I am just a poor college student, so I prefer to stick to the old fashioned movie store. I could either drive a few blocks to a movie store, or spend a few extra dollars to have the movie now. There are different pros and cons of each, but overall I believe it comes down to how much it costs.

1 comment:

Angie Belcourt said...

I completely agree with you about the cost of internet renting vs. driving to a store, and with renting from a store you can keep the movies longer. However, when we rent movies at home, we always forget to bring them back on time so we are charged late fees. Maybe I need to look at renting online for my family, it would probably save us money.