Monday, February 18, 2008

New Year's Resolution

My new year's resolution about 7 years ago was not to let anger eat away at me. I had some issues that were really bothering me prior to this to the extent that I was barely able to get out of bed in the mornings. Normally I am a pretty happy and optimistic person, but things were changing and I wasn't feeling that way anymore. I pinpointed these changes to how I handled anger and difficult situations (I held it all inside). These things were keeping me from eating and from sleeping at night, so I knew I had to do something. I worked with a counselor for a little while to find the sources of my anger and to learn ways to constructively deal with it. When it came time for a new year's resolution, I knew that not letting anger get to me the way it did before would be a resolution that I could keep. I still get mad at things that happen at work, etc. but now I deal with it head on and I am done with it. To this day, my resolution still holds and I am a better person because of it.

No comments: