Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Comparison Between Two Stores

A decision that I am very frequently encountered with would have to be what sporting goods store to go to. I am a very big hunter, fisher, and overall outdoorsman so I frequent a variety of these stores. Some of the main ones that are around town are the Sportsman's Warehouse, Gander Mountain, and obviously Scheels. I often half to choose between these stores and I do take quite a bit of time in making my decisions. Some stores would offer a case of shotgun shells for 75 dollars when the other could be selling it for a 100 dollars. I'll use Scheels and Sportsman's Warehouse as the examples for this purpose. Obviously I think most people have either seen or been in the new Scheels. Now on the other hand, some people might not have even heard of the Sportman's Warehouse. I like going to the smaller stores because I feel like all the big businesses are kind of ruining things for them. It seems tougher for them to make it with competition like Scheels. Now I'm not saying I won't go and buy items from Scheels, but for the most part I usually shop at the Sportsman's Warehouse for all my outdoor needs. They seem to have the same quality of products as well as customer service. This customer service is also very important to me because if I'm not treated good or have a bad experience at the store, I probably won't go back any time soon. The prices of these stores are pretty similar, but the decisions that require more extensive searching are for those higher priced items. I tend to go from store to store, and then back to the original store when I'm making a big purchase, like a gun, or a hunting blind. Overall, I think these smaller businesses are going to have a tough time competing with the big ones, but hopefully with my support they can survive!

No comments: